Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sew a Felt Bunny Finger Puppet



Here is a pattern for a bunny shaped finger puppet I made from two shades of felt.

After you cut out the pieces from felt, start by attaching all the light color pieces onto the dark ones. I used a zigzag stitch around each to secure them. Being a seamstress, I prefer to sew things together than glue them, however you could glue on the light pieces to make this step easier.

Then again using a zigzag stitch, I attached the front and back body pieces (being sure to leave the bottom open). Then sewing the paws on top of the finished body. I would recommend sewing the body pieces together instead of gluing, but you could gluing the paws onto the body.

When it comes to painting on the face, my trick for nice round eyes is to use the other side of the paint brush. Dab the end of the paint brush handle in the paint, place on the felt and gently twist. After painting on a nose and mouth, I add some of my very own blush, using a cotton swab.

And that's all there is!



No comments:

Post a Comment