Friday, August 26, 2011

Sweetheart of a Dress

Summer is the time of year when I am busier with sewing... and with socializing (ah, summer). I absolutely love summer for many reasons. Being able to wear skirts and dresses is definitely one of them.

In addition to my bias-cut skirts that I sell, I really wanted to add a few dress styles to my shop as well. This year I made a pattern for a retro-inspired, sweetheart neckline, strapless dress. I made a few in my size so that I could show their fit (and so I could have one for myself =). Then I offered them as a custom made dress in the customer's size and fabric request.

As with most of my patterns I make, I incorporated a comfort/ease fit. This way I can send a completed custom sized dress to a customer without them needing to have a fitting during the construction. I even got to make one for a gal in Australia and I am making some for a group of bridesmaids in Florida.

I am a big fan of pockets in dresses! (and photoshopping my head of out of the shot =).

No comments:

Post a Comment