Saturday, February 12, 2011

January Jewelry


In the fall I was invited to sell jewelry at a Gal's Night Out gathering. I hadn't made jewelry in quite some time nor had I ever really spent much creative time on it when I was making it. So I took the opportunity to explore some creativeness in making necklaces.

It was a lot of trial and error... beading and taking apart and starting over and sometimes taking apart again! Among the styles I tried my hand at some multiple strand twists but what I discovered was when I just simply braided them together around the necklace chain, I found a wonderful combination of balance, asymmetry and personality.

So this winter, with a drawer still full of beads, I began making my new favorite necklaces. I can't wait for warmer weather when I can wear my own with a tank top and capris or my favorite black linen dress.

I was able to make these available for purchase at my Etsy Boutique and soon I had a bride special order some beautiful champagne shade necklaces for her bridesmaids. It never stops feeling sweet to contribute to the festivities of a wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment